Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Demolition has Begun!

Sorry I've been idle for so long, I am just learning the ways of a blogger...Life has also been busy and has delayed our house plans for a bit...I've graduated...begun studying for the liscensure exam...hosted my parents for a week visit...and helped 3 friends move into our community house! Yup, we're up to 5 people now and I'm loving it...and we may soon in the fall be up to 8 people! So, as you can imagine we've realized we need to kick it into high gear with our renovation plans. So, while Austin was away having a grand ole time hiking and camping in the rain for 4 days, my house-mate Stephanie and I decided to take this demolition thing into our own hands. So, as you can see we put on some music, grabbed some crowbars and hammers, and begin ripping apart the old kitchen.

And we sure did a good job, except at the one point when we decided to unhook the sink and were spraying water everywhere. But after a quick trip to the hardware store and some thinking like a plumber, I fixed the problem and we are enjoying hot water again :-).

So, the journey has begun, I'll try to update more often with lots of photos :-)

-Missy

No comments: