Saturday, October 13, 2007

Successful Freecycle

So,
I've been subscribing to freecycle for about 3 months but yet have to actually participate. But I had my first successful give away today :-). We have this box of random computer stuff as well as 4 computer "brains" (as my mom calls them, you know- desktop computers but without monitors). These have been sitting in our hallway and study for many many months while we tried to figure out what to do with them. We had the best of plans to take them to the recycle day at the next town over only to find that they just throw them away!!!! So I decided to post them on Freecycle (for those of you unaware of freecycle, check it out at www.freecycle.org - it is just an email list by town for people giving things away who don't want those items to go into landfills). I listed the box of random stuff and got 3 responders within 3 hrs!!! The asked the first one if they also wanted the computers and they said yes and came to get them this morning. Now I want to go looking for more stuff in my house to "freecycle" What a great way to get rid of stuff you don't want/need without throwing it away! People list the strangest things that may be of any use to anyone and people always want them.

So, I just had to share my excitement about this. I want to post about our new bathroom but I lost the cord for my camera so am tryin to figure out how to get those pictures onto my laptop so i can post them, cause what good is a post about a new bathroom without pics???

2 comments:

Kimberly Pye said...

One time someone from Lawrence offered cheese on the Lowell freecycle board.

Pam and Mac McSweeney said...

Can you believe it... I posted my first freecycle before you!
Isn't it nice to know that someone else will be using those "brains" you had lying around the house?
Love, MOM