Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Politics
Yes, today is Election Day, and I'm actually campaigning for someone, isn't that cool? Ever since going to a city council meeting and trying to get our parking changed (see previous post) we've come to realize that we NEED different city councilors if we are going to get anything accomplished in this city. So, for the past 4 weeks we've been involved in a group of neighbors campaigning for a new Disctrict B councilor: Ruth Rojas, and some new and one old Councilors at large: Carlos Matos and Nilka Alvarez-Rodriques. And today, I actually spent about 1.5hrs making phone calls reminding people to vote. I think city elections are fun because you can actually make a real difference (and we are happy to contribute 8 votes from just our house :-). Here's what I got to say today on the phone: Me llamo Melissa, Yo vivo en Lawrence y estoy haciendo llamadas para recordarse a votar. Yo quiero pedir por su apoyo por Ruth Rojas y Carlos Matos. Gracias :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
¿Por qué debo votar por Ruth Rojas? ¿Qué ella hará para ayudar a esta ciudad?
Por Que ella va a cambiar el parking (hmm, don't know that word)...but latest news is that Ruth lost by 28 votes :-( (but they haven't counted the absentees yet and some of her supporters voted that way...and unfortunately I mis-spoke about the amount of votes coming from the house, we were only able to gather up 5 votes :-( bummer...
Ah, el estacionamiento es un asunto muy importante en su vecindad. Buena suerte a ti y a Ruth!
such a good and clever way to help your community. kudos.
winifred
Post a Comment