I chose mostly herbs and flowers to plant since the year before last we planted several squashes and veggies which were soon gobbled up by our pesky neighbors (a groundhog and several skunks). Also, in our patio area we have sun only from around 11am to 2pm so I don't think it's the greatest place to grow veggies. Therefore, I chose some nice looking flowers to plant that say they grow in shade or part-shade.
Based on the advice of the man at the garden store, here is what we choose to plant on March 8th:
Herbs: Basil, Cilantro, Oregano, Thyme, Savory, Parsley, and Sage
Flowers: Columbine (P), Lobelia (A), Coleus (A), Impatiens (A), and Viola's (A).
Veggies: Eggplant (Steph only)
Here are pics of our completed seed plantings which we placed next to a window in the attic that gets a lot of sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment