Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gazpacho Recipe

With all those tomatoes I knew it was the perfect time to make some Gazpacho: a cold Spanish soup with fresh and raw summer veggies. Here's the recipe I used that our friend Chris gave us several years ago. I think the recipe serves about 6 people.

Ingredients:
-2 ears corn, shucked
-1/2 cup chopped onion
-7 medium round tomatoes or 14 plum tomatoes, cut into chunks
-3 Tbls. of minced onion
-3 Tbls. lime juice (1.5 limes)
-1 Tbls. olive oil
-3 scallions, green part only, minced (optional)
-1 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp. black pepper
-1/4 cup chopped cilantro
-1 1/2 cups water
-2 (or 1) red bell peppers chopped
-1 peelec cucumber, chopped into little bits
-2 garlic cloves, peeled and pressed
-1/2 tsp ground corriander (maybe 1 tsp)

Directions:
Boil salted water and drop in corn. Boil corn for 2 minutes. Rince in cold water. Cut kernals off the cob. In a food processer, combine chopped onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic. Blend! Put in large bowl. Add minced onion, lime juice, olive oil, scallions, corn kernals, cucumber, and water. Stir!

No comments: