Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Law-town Rocks the Vote!

The Garden St House had an Election Watch party last night, and it sure was incredible. I sat and looked around and saw a room made up of Latinos, African-Americans, Caucasians, 1st and 2nd generation immigrants, singles, married folks, people in their twenties to people in their fifties, first time voters, and people with decades of voting behind them. We had probably over 30 people, all brought together by our involvement in this city. I just couldn't help but think, "this is exactly why I moved to Lawrence". I love that I have met such great group of diverse and awesome people here, and I was so happy to share with them in the historic night last night. The night involved great conversation, great snacks (including american flag cookies I made), much cheering, and even a spontaneous outburst in song to bongo drums. And, before Barak's speech, we even had 4 of our own give some mini-speaches on how much voting in the election meant to them. What a night...







No comments: