Saturday, April 19, 2008

Not so green-thumb :-(

So, I've discovered that I do not have the gift of gardening. No, it will be a skill I will have to practice over and over. My little seedlings were doing wonderfully, all popping up and having about 2-4 leaves each. I decided to bring them down from the attic and start putting them outside during the day for more sun; so I made a stop at the sink to water them a bit. I had some problems using the sprayer from the sink and ended up soaking them a little too much, apparently, since the next morning they were all DEAD! That was several days ago and they are still dead :-(. So I will be starting over from scratch. Oh dear...I need to invest in a spray bottle to avoid this disaster again. I'll update with more pictures when I get new seedlings.

2 comments:

Laura Haven said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!! You're poor little planties! Seedlings can be so picky about things. I also killed off a good few early on, especially herbs for some weird reason. I killed all my cilantro. :( I hear ya....

Ryan said...

You didn't over-water. I think you just shocked them by not acclimatizing them slowly. Putting them out all day was too much too soon. I hope you gave them a proper burial.