Saturday, July 26, 2008

Parking Fixed (at least for the warmer months)

Ah, perseverance does pay off. You all may have forgotten, but quite a long time ago I posted about our parking woes here our our street. I mentioned the multiple tickets, limited parking, switching sides, and our quest to change an ordinance. And here we are, 2 years after we initially had a nieghborcircle and determined this to be an issue and we FINALLY got our street removed from the ordinance (which wasn't even actually on the ordinance, but that's another story). Anyway, we can now park on both sides EVERY night! Hooray! And no, the street does not seem any dirtier than it was when we moved everynight for "street sweeping".

Now we still have to do the every night switch thing in the winter (Dec 15th-March 15th), but that is city wide and will be a whole battle of its own; which we do intend to fight (not sure why I should park one side when it's NOT SNOWING!).

But for now, we will celebrate and park on both sides.

1 comment:

Josh Long said...

Congrats!