Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Black Bean Sweet Potato Burritos

Black Bean Sweet Potato Burritos
yields 8 burritos

Ingredients:
3 Cups/750 ml sweet potatoes (peeled and diced)
1/2 onion (chopped)
2 cups/500ml cooked black beans
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups/375 ml cheddar cheese (shredded).

Directions:
-Saute sweet potatoes and onion in a large frypan and in 1 tablespoon oil until just tender. Add water or apple juice as needed to prevent sticking.
-Add black beans, cumin, cinnamon, and salt and cook until heated through.
-Divide bean mixture and cheese among the tortillas and roll up. Place in a 9x13 baking pan. Lightly spray with olive oil if desired. Bake at 350F/180C for 20-25 min. Garnish with sour cream, salsa, and fresh cilantro.

I also sprinkled cheese on top of all the burritos before putting it in the oven and the meal was a big hit at my house!

2 comments:

Pam and Mac McSweeney said...

I am going to try this recipe.. sounds great to me.

Laura Haven said...

Missy, I tried this tonight, it's GREAT!! Thanks for the post! :)